Thursday, March 29, 2012

Book Reviews: The Kingdom





Last night, or this morning as I should say, I finished reading the second book in The Graveyard Queen Series by Amanda Stevens. I don't want to give in an details away because I'm afraid of giving away spoilers, though I desperately want to tell you what I thought about everything, but I'll restrain myself and be vague.

I really loved the first book in the series because as I read it in the stillness of the night, I was spooked. Every little noise I heard, made me jump, made me sweat because that book was just so eerily creepy. So when I bought the second book I'd expected it to be lesser in comparison as is many sequels, but this book did not disappoint. I admit, this was a tad less scarier than the first, but nonetheless still very creepy. I really enjoyed the mystery aspect of it. It was easier to figure out 'who done it', but I was still asking myself throughout who was a participant of the whole scheme. 

The city itself in which the story took place, was part of the whole mystery, it was scary and I could imagine how perfectly isolated it was. The characters were brightly dark, and there was one character in particular that I loved. Thane Asher, the charming, a bit of the trust fund kid but not thoroughly so, was so lovable in my eyes. I think I liked him more than Devlin, and I love Devlin.

Many questions were answered in this installment, and some things start to make sense with Amelia and her papa. I liked how the relationship grew between them, since in the last book they were distant.

Overall, I absolutely loved this book! There was mystery, there was a bit of romance, and it creeped the hell out of me which is something that I love in a book. Everyone should buy this book, it may even work as a stand alone book, but honestly read the first one before. So yes out of five stars I give it a four and a half!

No comments:

Post a Comment